WNAC Emphasis Offering—May (Mother’s Day)
Since 1965, WNAC has observed an annual Emphasis Month. This allows a local WAC group a designated time to publicize and promote WNAC among the entire church body. Congregations are also encouraged to give a special love offering to help defray office operational expenses. Originally in August, Emphasis was later changed to May to coincide with Mother’s Day—a time when many churches focus on women and when individuals often give in honor or memory of special Women Active for Christ.
Offerings for Weeks of Prayer
World Missions Offering—April
- Highlights or accompanies WNAC’s PreEaster Week of Prayer
- Formerly called the Laura Belle Barnard Offering.
- The book Touching the Untouchables, which chronicles Miss Barnard’s ministry, will prove advantageous in acquainting women with her life.
- This offering helps underwrite all ministries of the Free Will Baptist International Missions department.
- Utilize the free packet of information from WNAC and FWBIM, mailed annually to each local women’s group.
- Encourage women to fill WMO coin banks.
- Be creative in challenging women to give: the price of an Easter outfit; a month’s cell phone payment; give coins each time they eat a meal; etc.
Mission: North America Offering—November
- Highlights or accompanies WNAC’s PreThanksgiving Week of Prayer
- Formerly called the Lizzie McAdams Offering.
- Acquaint women in your church with Mrs. McAdams and her contributions to Free Will Baptists. Sparks Into Flame is a good resource book.
- This offering helps underwrite departmental expenses of Free Will Baptist Home Missions.
- Utilize the free packet of information from WNAC and FWBHM, mailed annually to each local women’s group.
- Be creative in challenging your women to give: the cost of a Thanksgiving meal; the price of kitchen appliances that make our lives convenient; etc.
Alice Lupton Offering—month of choice
- This offering supports state home mission works.
- Check with your state mission board for missionaries, special projects, and other financial needs.
- Use seasonal ideas for daily offerings during the month.
- Take an offering after a special prayer service for your state’s home missionaries.